THE LAME MAN AT THE GATE
” In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.rise up and walk”
To show the wonderful power of God used for teaching and healing”
GOD has given us something more precious than silver or gold. He has not given us His Holly spirit so that we can heal people, but He has given us the Bible, which is his word If we believe and obey God,s word and are baptized, He will give us eternal life. We know He can do this because He will give us eternal life. We know He can do this because He raised Jesus from the dead and through the power of His spirit healed the lame man at the beautiful Gate of the Temple.
We Must Remember that:
- For over 40 years this man had been lame.
- Each day he was brought to the Beautiful Gate outside the temple where he begged for alms or money.
- When Peter and John went into the Temple at the time of prayer asked them for alms.
- Peter replied,” Silver and Gold have I none, but such as I have I give thee. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.”
- Peter took the lame man by the right hand and immediately the lame man stood up, leaping and walking and went into the Temple praising God.
- Many people believed what Peter said when he told them God had healed the lame man to prove that what he said was true.
- The Priests and Sadducee s and rulers of the Temple were annoyed and put Peter and john into prison.
- God has given us His word and if we believe and obey Him by being baptized and doing his will , he will give us eternal life.